Monday, April 19, 2010
I relocated the dollhouse to a room that gets more natural light for better photographing. I even gave it a much needed cleaning. Putting the furniture back it suddenly dawned on me a better layout for the kitchen. I removed the floor paper which hardly looked natural and even added a sink. I still don't know what to do about the walls, I'm thinking a wainscoting or something, and i really do want real tiled floors. What do you think of the new layout?
Can you tell that I admire the German dollhouse kitchens of the early days?! Speaking of I had the most awesome butter churn but I lost it, I've lost a lot of things :) But I am grateful to the things I've held onto and can make :)
I've been wanting a little boy for the dollhouse so I made a go at it the other night. Jake suggested we name him Jake. Coincidentally this miniature Jake keeps the messiest room and always wants to go to the beach.
This bed is my first attempt at making miniature furniture like almost 9 years ago. I wish I had taken a close up of the monkey toy on the pillow (next time). That's a red sailboat on the headboard, and the complimenting toy box with a chug boat painted on front, unfortunately the back and lid have been lost. Maybe I can muster the magic to make another.
Ok. It's bed time for me. Before I go welcome to visitors/New followers. I got my first blog award from Norma of Make Mine Mini, I will do that next post. Thanks to all, and all a good night/morning/day!