Sunday, March 28, 2010

You and me go together like peanut butter & Jelly





Every morning for school I make Jake’s lunch. I thought it would be fun to re-create that in miniature. Every now and then he gets the classic peanut butter & jelly.

The pictures aren't that great because it's getting dark outside. I made everything except for the silver knife sticking out of the peanut butter jar. The jelly jar was a challenge, because I am not a perfectionist I settled for my sons lego piece-the jar's lid is removable and I am not happy with the apple or the bread-but I am not a perfectionist lol.

Remember the fruit and cheese board I showed you a few post down? Well I thought it needed a bottle of wine. I made one out of sculpey. What do you think?





I had to share with you this video I found on youtube. She is a young girl who built her dollhouse out of folders, card and scrap she says. It is amazing and a must see. If she was my little sister, Oh the fun we would have!


So how was your weekend? Tell me did you make anything too?

2 comments:

Norma Bennett said...

That young girls house is really great, you can see she's put a lot of thought into both the house and the landscaping. Thanks for posting the video.

I love the lunch prep board, the style really appeals to me. And way to go on the wine bottle - looks like it might have been in the cellar for years and years ;)

Not much mini activity here on the weekend but I did go to a Doll and Bears fair looking for trims and laces, bought a few little pieces. There were a couple of mini stalls there too so of course I couldn't go past.... Other than that I did what I'm really good at when it comes to minis - procrastinated - if there was a world championship for it I'd take it out year after year :) I'm in the early stages of a scratch build which is a shop with living above, my son presented me with the cut out walls and floors in Christmas 2008!! I've changed my mind a million times about room layout, where the stairs will go (or not go), will it be front or back opening - on and on it goes. However - I'm getting very close to hammer, nails and glue now but first I have to repaint the shop front because I've decided it's too dark for the soft shabby brocante theme I want inside. *sigh*

Thevisionarybutterfly said...

Hi Norma!

I'm glad you looked at the video, her house is very creative.

Thanks for the feedback on the stuff I made also.

Sounds like you have your hands full will this project...nails and hammers sound scary. I don't like building at all :) Don't feel bad about procrastination-I am the worse at it.

This is was nice that you got to see miniatures this weekend. Here in Florida these places are next to none. But I am always surprised at the unexpected places I find miniatures. Thank you for your visit.